Monday, July 5, 2010

New Food Blog

Hi everyone! A friend suggested this weekend that I should start a food blog, and I've been tempted in the past, so here goes nothing. I can't promise I'm going to update this a lot, but I'll try. This first post is just going to be a mix of somewhat relevant comments about me and baking.

As most people who know me can tell you, I enjoy baking and trying to be creative in general. I would do it more often if I had a kitchen with enough space to do anything in. My KitchenAid mixer (named The Monster) lives on top of my refrigerator in the only empty semi-accessible space I could find, so I get a workout hauling it around whenever I want to bake something.

Many things I do stem from ideas I've seen online, so I'll try to credit where I originally saw things on here when I can remember. I browse through quite a list of food and party planning blogs on a weekly basis and have a ton of things saved that I'd like to try sometime. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, and usually I end up finding several and sort of combining and making up my own as I go along. The bad part of that is I usually end up with recipes with far too many ingredients.

I'm also not one of those people who does everything from scratch. I take shortcuts when I can, if I think it's worth it to do so. My cake pops, for instance, usually start from a box mix, which I sometimes add other ingredients to before baking. I make my own frosting about half the time, and use the store bought stuff the rest of the time. My cake pops also do not look nearly as professional as the queen herself, bakerella (you should see her stuff if you haven't yet, everything is amazing!), but I try to make them look cute anyway.

Well, that's about all I have to say for now. Stay tuned for future goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment